By Project Wellness Now
This vegan red borscht is so full of flavor!
2 lbs of red beets
1 stalk of celery
1/2 medium yellow onion
8 black peppercorns
1×1 inch dried mushroom
1 tsp of sea salt
1. Peel and wash all the veggies.
2. Cut the beets into thick slices.
3. Burn half an onion (unpeeled) on your stove.
4. Keep on the stove until layer by layer is burned.
5. Add all the ingredients into a 4-quart pot. Fill with water.
6. Once it starts boiling add juice from 1/2 a lemon. Turn off the heat.
7. Cover the pot and leave on the stove overnight.
8. Strain the next morning.
9. Serve with mushroom dumplings (recipe coming soon).