By Project Wellness Now
According to webmed.com, flaxseed may help reduce the risk of some serious health conditions such as stroke, diabetes, cancer and heart disease. Adding turmeric and garlic to this Raw Living Flax Crackers recipe makes this delicious snack even healthier for you.
2 cups organic flax seeds
4 cups water
1 tsp All Purpose Seasoning
1 tsp turmeric (Find out How Turmeric Helps Fight Dangerous Inflammation)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 an onion
1 cup cherry tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 more cup of water added gradually when blending
1. Soak the flax seeds in 4 cups of water overnight. Next morning, all the water will be absorbed by the seeds.
2. Place the soaked crackers and all the other ingredients into a food processor.
3. Blend adding 1 cup of water gradually. Do not blend too long, you do not want to pulverize.
4. Spread 2 cups of the mixture into a dehydrator sheet lined with parchment paper. Distribute evenly but it does not have to be perfect!
5. Dehydrate for about 7 hours at 105 degrees Fahrenheit if you want your crackers to be raw. If you’re less patient, increase the temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Your crackers will still be delicious but not raw.
6. Now, you should be able to peel the parchment paper off easily.
7. Break the crackers into large pieces and enjoy!